How to unlock your Motorola V3 RAZR cell phone
Something that I hate is when a hardware manufacturer lock the devices just to use with another partner company or something like that and I think it would be better if it leaves free a device to use it however we want, for example computer hardware where the drivers are propietary. This is really shit cause there are more than just one platform and many times people using diferent platforms get troubles.
The same thing happens with cellphones. So I decided to tell you, in this case, how to free your Motorola V3 to use it not just in your country but in all the world or in many others at least.
I followed the steps below from http://blog.dotkam.com/2007/04/01/100-tested-unlock-motorola-v3-razr/
Note: the steps are for a PC running Windows.
First we need a few things:
*Download the p2k drivers 2.9 used to communicate your cell with the PC.
*Download the scotty2_8.26_downgrader_v2. We need it to downgrade your phone’s bootloader.
*And we also need the P2K_Easy_Tool_v37 which is actually an unlocker tool.
So now that we have all the stuff (thanks to Toly) including a mini USB to USB cable we have to follow the next steps:
1. Download de files above and unpack them.
2. Usign the mini USB to USB cable, plug in your cell phone to the PC and install the drivers.
3. Turn off your cell phone.
4. Press and hold the asterisk (*) and the pound (#) and while holding press the power button. It will show you what motorola calls the “flash screen”:
Ok to Program
5. Now you will need to run the scotty’s tool to downgrade the Boot Loader. Unpack the zip, run the “downgrader.exe” and follow the instructions. You will see some commands in the screen of the cell phone. At the end of the commands you will notice someting like that:
Sending Restart Command…
Bootloader is now 7.D0, have fun modding!
Note: if you have problems with it, just try again the steps from #3 to here.
6. It´s time to run the p2k_easy_tool_v37.
-Run the “P2K_Easy_Tool_v37.exe”
-Go to the “Locks” tab
-Choose your cell phone model (V3 RAZR)
-Check “Unlock SP”
-Click on “Do Selected Jobs” button
7. That´s all. Your cell has to work fine with other SIMs.
Thanks to Toly and the dotkam blog.